Suby Shopping & Maintenance/Warranty Buying a Subaru? Buying, negotiating, financing, insurance, etc. Maintenance/Warranty topics can be discussed here too.

Bware Of Stevens Creek Subaru

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 05:10 AM

Car Info: sti
good job!

congrats on your new sti,and welcome!
Old 10-23-2004, 12:03 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
Kert, first congarts! Second, how the heck did you find that ride? Is it new?
Old 10-23-2004, 12:07 PM

Car Info: '09 accord, '14 2 seater chevy
Have fun with the out of state registration(non california emissions vehicle is a headache, you bypass the normal 5 year before smog and immediately get put on the routine smogging, you also have to pay a smog impact fee even though it's a new car). Should have shopped around a bit. You wouldn't get that good a deal on one, but $500-$1000 under MSRP if you haggle well for an 05 STI, one of my friends just got his from stevens creek, gorgeous crystal gray. I got my wagon from stevens creek(John something, real nice polish guy). I walked in said "$7k down, .9% financing(it was only for 04s at the time) and I refuse to pay a penny over invoice. If you don't want this deal I'll just go visit the boys in redwood city." He looked like a frieght train hit him and kept trying to steer me into an 04 for that price, after his second attempt I got up and started to walk out when the manager comes flying out and asks what he can do to get me in a car from them. I repeted my demands and he said "done". It was the very first PSM 05 wagon unloaded from the truck, I got it for straight invoice(without their bull**** $250 advertising fee even), I paid $650 for the 7yr 100k warranty, and got .9%.

You just have to know how to haggle. NEVER EVER buy a car from the first dealer you look at., make then fight for your business and don't let them waste your time.
Old 10-23-2004, 09:57 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: A limousine with a chauffer
Actually smog impact fee went away back in 2000 or so I think. And at the time that smog impact fee was around, it was only $300. The STi is a 50 state certified car, so he won't have any emissions issues, and since he's getting it through a dealership, and purchasing the car in CA, the seller is responsible for smog charges and fees to make it pass anyways. Additionally, had he purchased a used car in CA (even an '04 from a dealer), he would still be put on the 2 year smog plan as opposed to the new car 4 or 5 year smog plan. So really the only thing he's out for is the wait time to get the car here from Miami and maybe transfer fees.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:13 PM

i purchased my 04 wrx from stevens creek. i purchased it off their internet sales and they gave it to me for 21.9k new. it was a great price so i bought it. no problems. although when i walked in i asked for the internet guy mike, and some sales man was like "oh yea he told me to take care of you" so he sits me down to fill up paper work and i get on the phone and call mike. sure enough the guy was trying to steal the sale. mike was there and i made the purchase through him.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:06 PM

Car Info: '05 WRB Wagon
I saw that STI listed a week or two back but don't have the nuts to buy across the country w/o seeing it. Congrats!!
Old 10-25-2004, 11:22 AM
BanHammer™

Car Info: 2001 Forester RS2 SPEC-F
Originally Posted by adrian
i purchased my 04 wrx from stevens creek. i purchased it off their internet sales and they gave it to me for 21.9k new. it was a great price so i bought it. no problems. although when i walked in i asked for the internet guy mike, and some sales man was like "oh yea he told me to take care of you" so he sits me down to fill up paper work and i get on the phone and call mike. sure enough the guy was trying to steal the sale. mike was there and i made the purchase through him.

haha.. only at stevens creek
Old 10-26-2004, 08:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '04 WRX Wagon
Just remember, they need your money more than you need their car!
Old 10-27-2004, 02:01 PM
Former Vendor

Car Info: Evo X
Originally Posted by bpang1
Just remember, they need your money more than you need their car!
true that! I hate Stevens Creek myself, but I find them to be the cheapest one...
Old 10-29-2004, 07:56 PM

Car Info: 1973 Huevo Ranchero
did you post a review under the review section?

aloha from the summit of *-^-Mauna Kea-^-*
Old 09-26-2011, 07:39 AM

Car Info: Outback 2.5XT
This is what happens when you *don't* buy a car from Steven's Creek Subaru.

(They keyed my car twice after promising me financing they could not deliver on and the deal falling through. These guys are the scum of the earth.)
Old 09-26-2011, 09:12 AM
It's QQ thankyouverymuch

Car Info: 2011 SWP WRX Hatch
I appreciate you spreading your experience and making people more aware.

But please don't bump 7-year-old threads.

Quick Reply: Bware Of Stevens Creek Subaru